To assist our DC Communities in need, Unity of Washington, DC will be hosting a food drive beginning Monday, July 6 through Monday, July 27. The drop-off point will be in the entryway to the Administrative Office area at the church, Monday through Friday, 10am to 4pm, and Sundays 10am to 12noon. Once collected, the food will be taken to the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) for distribution through their 444 hunger-relief member agencies within the Washington Metropolitan area.
All donated food must be non-perishable, and we are asking that you adhere to CAFB’s Most Wanted Items list (also see attached):
- Canned or Dry Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Vegetables (low sodium, no salt added)
- Grains (brown or white rice, pasta macaroni & cheese)
- Canned tuna, salmon, or chicken
- Hot and cold cereal (oatmeal, cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran)
- Healthy snacks (raisins, granola bars)
- Canned fruits (in light syrup or its own juices)
- 100% Juice (all sizes, including juice boxes)
Please no food items past the expiration date or previously opened.
When you make the drop off at the church, please comply with our social distancing guidelines as follows:
- Enter the church through the Administrative Office area.
- Place your donated food items in the bin(s) provided in the entryway.
- Ring the doorbell to advise the staff that you have left a donation.
We thank everyone in advance for your generosity and complying with the social distancing guidelines.