Monday, December 24
It is an opportunity to personally serve seniors who may not have friends and family around with whom to celebrate the holiday. On Monday, December 24, we will come together at Unity of Washington, DC to prepare and deliver gift bags with meals, drugstore/supermarket gift cards, and holiday cards to area seniors. The food for meals and gift cards are donated by congregants. Holiday cards are made by the children in our Sunday school. For many seniors, this is the highlight of their holiday.
1. Food-Prepare turkeys, hams, dressing, rolls, vegetables, and desserts for meals and deliver the ready-to-serve food to Unity in disposable containers by 9 am, Dec 24. We will also accept donations of money to purchase and prepare food.
2. Servers – Meet at 9:30 a.m., Dec 24, in the fellowship hall to serve meals.
3. Packers – Meet at 9:45 a.m., Dec 24, in the fellowship hall to pack meals and gifts.
4. Drivers – Meet at 10:30 a.m., Dec 24, in the fellowship hall to deliver meals and gifts.
5. Donate – $10 supermarket and drug store gift cards.
Choose how you would like to assist and sign-up! We will have tables in the sanctuary and fellowship foyers after service each Sunday until December 16 for sign-ups, cash donations, gift cards, and to provide information.
The seniors we serve come to us through Capitol Hill Group Ministries and AARP’s Legal Consul for the Elderly. If you know of someone we should serve, please let us know.